|Notebook (t)||Meetings (t)|
The driving force of this inaugural Hawaii team have been the three motivated, dedicated and talented undergraduates: Margaret Ruzicka (PEB 2008), Krystle Salazar (BE 2009) and Grace Kwan (Microbiology 2009), and the trail-blazing MBBE graduate student, Norman Wang. The group has been expertly advised by the three advisors Gernot Presting (MBBE), Sean Callahan (UH-Microbiology), and Loren Gautz (MBBE).
- Margaret Ruzicka (MargaretRuzicka) Plant and Environmental Biotechnology
- Grace Kwan (Gracek) Microbiology
- Krystle Salazar (Ksalazar) Bioengineering
- Norman Wang (Normanwang)
- Adam Baker
- The Hawaii team really likes gummi bears and cookies. Our gummy bear diet can be (and often has been) substituted with Swedish Fish.
- At the highest consumption rate, we devoured two pounds of gummy bears during a three hour meeting.
- When combined, Grace's and Krystle's initials are a palindrome (KSGSK). Norman claims they speak and dress alike to confuse faculty and advisors.