OUR TEAM:::SUMMARY ::: BACKGROUND :::
STRATEGY ::: CONSTRUCTS ::: RESULTS ::: ONGOING WORK
- Ongoing work includes:
- Characterization of resveratrol production using only 4CL:STS and feeding p-coumaric acid.
- Construction of the full biosynthetic circuit and characterization of resveratrol production.
- Redesign circuit so that an antibiotic selection using bleocin (toxic) is not required.
- Possible switch to fluorescent screen (green beer?)
- Adding woodchips to feed additional coumaric acid into the fermenting mix for additional resveratrol gain and improved taste.
- Exploration of using our biosynthetic circuit in other industrial strains of yeast for resveratrol infused cider, wine, whiskey, bourbon, vodka, etc.