We are very grateful for the support of our project by following sponsors:
|University of Heidelberg||BioQuant||Helmholtz Alliance on Systems Biology|
|German Cancer Research Center||ViroQuant||Systems Biology of Signalling in Cancer|
|Klaus Tschira Foundation|
|LANGE + PFLANZ|
First of all we would like to thank Prof. Dr. Roland Eils and Dr. Victor Sourjik for offering this great opportunity doing the research internship in the field of synthetic biology. They provided not only materials and advisors of their groups but also their enormous experience. Furthermore we want to express our gratitude for the coordination of the internship to all advisors, especially to Jens Keienburg who came up with the idea to participate in the iGEM competition and every day support.
We do appreciate all the efforts they all made to give us an insight into this challenging and impressing field of synthetic biology. They often helped us planning the experiments and broadened our knowledge of molecular-, micro- and synthetic biology.
Additionally we want to mention the patience and support of all persons working in the third floor of the Bioquant.
We thank the following people and institutions for support of our iGEM project:
- Kleanthous Laboratory at the University of York for their generously providing of the colicin E9 plasmid (ColE9-J plasmid – pCK67).
- Heinz Caprano and his team (www.caprano.de) for supporting the print of the team polos.
- Stefanie Seltmann for the support of our Human Practices Project
- Prof. M. Bagdasarian from Michigan State University, to Prof. K. M. Derbyshire from Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health and Prof. E. Lanka from Bundesinstitute für Risikobewertung (BfR), Berlin for giving us information about conjugation and sending us the plasmids timely
- Dr. A. Trendl-Kern, Dr. P. Prior and Dr. W. Reiser at the Practical Laboratory, Zentrum für Molekularbiologie Heidelberg (ZMBH) for sharing their knowledge with us and providing us with different λ phages and materials.
- Sabine Aschenbrenner for helping us with technical assistance